See You at #ComNet17!
The Communications Network's annual conference is taking place this year in sunny Miami Beach from September 27th-29th. Forum One is excited to be both attending and presenting in a number of ways. Hope to see you there!
The Communications Network's annual conference (ComNet) is the premier global leadership gathering for foundation and nonprofit leaders committed to building a better world through the smart and deliberate use of strategic communications. ComNet17 an excellent opportunity to join 600 of your colleagues from influential and consequential organizations around the world to connect, learn and share.
Forum One is thrilled to be taking part in this year's conference, especially as we will be taking part in a number of ways through the pre-workshop sessions, breakout sessions and the ComNet Lab. Here a look at where and when you can find us.
Measuring and Communicating the Impact of Your Digital Strategy
September 27th, 4.30-6.30pm
- Autumn Rose, Director of Analytics, Forum One
Communications professionals are always on the hook to validate decisions and priorities, demonstrate success, and continually improve the performance of their digital properties and campaigns. Building off our successful ComNet webinar held last fall, this session will dive into the specifics of building a successful strategy for measuring the impact of your communications strategies.
Through a series of hands-on activities and breakout discussion groups, we will cover:
- How to plan your digital initiatives with measurement in mind
- How to ensure that your communications activities are making the greatest impact on your mission
- How to develop a reporting strategy tailored to each level of leadership within your organization.
- The importance of building a sustainable data collection and reporting process that will support your team in the long term.
A Nation’s Story: Designing the Smithsonian’s National Museum of African American History and Culture Online Experience
September 28th, 11.00am - 12.00pm
- Joey Tackett, Managing Director of Creative, Forum One
- Lanae Spruce, Manager of Social Media and Digital Engagement, NMAAHC
The highly-anticipated Smithsonian National Museum of African American History and Culture (NMAAHC) opened in 2016 in Washington, D.C. Over a million visitors have already experienced the stunning building and rich historical and cultural exhibits—but what about those who may never make it to the building? This question drove the web design process that began over a year before the historic grand opening.
This session will discuss the NMAAHC website experience in terms of:
- Developing the scalable framework: establishing a structure to present powerful stories in a unique way.
- Designing the experience: adding emotion and setting the stage visuals for users to engage with the site’s content.
- Digital storytelling: making historical content relevant for today’s online audience, from the website to social media and beyond.
The ComNet Lab
Forum One will again be participating in ComNet's annual Lab. At The Lab, you will have the chance to meet one-on-one with us for a free consultation to better understand where your strategies are either working well or perhaps missing the mark. We’ll also provide you with practical advice for you to optimize your efforts going forward.
From learning how to effectively communicate large datasets, to implementing complex, smart technical solutions, Forum One has both the agency and subject matter expertise that allows you to put your best foot forward and create the impact your mission needs.
The kinds of questions can we help you answer:
- How can I effectively measure the impact of my communications activities?
- How can I make data-driven design decisions for my organization’s website?
- How do I insight action from our data sets?
- If you are looking for ways to increase your organization’s digital impact, be sure to chat with Forum One’s strategic experts.
The booking system is now open, so feel free to schedule a time to talk with us today!