Beauty & Experience: How to Have Your UX Cake and Design It, Too
About This Event
What’s more important: beauty or experience? It’s a trick question! You don’t have to sacrifice experience for design or vice versa, you can have it all. How, you ask? We can show you how impactful organizations always ensure that creative design and user experience are working in concert, making sure that your audiences have delightful experiences from start to finish.
During this workshop we’ll cover:
- How to create a stunning experience that considers all the angles
- Practical ways for UX and creative to collaborate to create a cohesive audience journey
- Real-life examples, along with some lessons learned
- How to get started (hint: a clearly-defined brand experience is a big deal)
By the end of our time together, you’ll have some clear next steps to take back to your team and begin designing exceptional user journeys that are both stunning and usable, including a workbook you can share with your colleagues. We will also be joined by the Peace Corps team for a conversation about UX and design.
- 8:00AM - Breakfast and Networking
- 8:30AM - Intro and Panel Discussion
- 9:30AM - Session #1: Collaborating for the Ultimate User Experience
- 10:30AM - Expert Breakout and Coffee
- 11:15AM - Session #2: Considering Audiences to Strengthen Your Brand
- 12:15PM - Conversation with Peace Corps
- 1:00PM - Workshop Ends
About the Speakers
Joey Tackett Managing Director, Creative, Forum One
Joey has built his career developing and managing brands for associations, startups, and Fortune companies, with a focus in brands for cause-driven organizations and grassroots programs. Combining his training in television news with graphic arts, his approach puts visual storytelling at the core of brand building. His knack for crisp messaging, strong visual design and understanding of brand perceptions blend to create memorable brand experiences. He received his B.A. in Journalism and Mass Communications from Marshall University in West Virginia.
Courtney Clark Managing Director, User Experience, Forum One
Courtney brings a strong design eye, stellar UX skills, and a clear vision as she works with clients to develop an optimal user experience that balances the organization’s mission with the needs of its target audiences. She earned her bachelor’s from the University of Kansas, with a focus in graphic design, and stayed on to work as an interaction designer for several major web redesigns.