What you’ll do:
- Provide estimates on basic tasks and level of effort to build a small feature or function for the site/application.
- Describe business needs that the project sets out to solve, define the solution, and then execute on writing the code to support the solution.
- Respond to client inquiries in a clear, fair way within reasonable time frame.
- Participate actively and constructively in client-facing working sessions.
- Collaborate in the development of websites and web-based applications using an Agile software development methodology.
- Implement and advocate for the use of standards based and semantic HTML and CSS to solve design problems.
- Assess existing sites/systems for code quality and interactive appeal.
- Evangelize for best practices for open source development.
What you bring to the table:
- Experience with alternative languages such as TypeScript or CoffeeScript
- Experience using git for source control.
- Two to five years of experience in web development and working with web technologies.
- Solid portfolio showing at least 2–3 small to medium level projects.
- Understanding of web standards and accessibility guidelines.
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines on a tight schedule.
- Experience collaborating with others and working in small teams.
- Bachelor's Degree strongly preferred.
Why you’ll love it here:
- All employees are owners
- 401(k) match
- 25 days paid time off to start
- Flexible work hours
- Killer benefits & professional development
- Do work for amazing, world-changing clients
- Snacks, healthy ones and not so healthy ones
- Personal innovation budget
- Full staff retreats
About Forum One:
Forum One is a full service digital agency that works with mission-driven organizations to create the stunning designs, smart messaging, and custom built technology tools they need to realize their goals and extend their influence in the areas they care about most.
We are headquartered in Alexandria, VA, with additional offices in Washington, DC; Seattle, WA; and Cologne, Germany. We work influential organizations such as the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, the Peace Corps, and the American Red Cross.Apply